Earn 8 CEU credits when you complete this self-paced class. Follow along with Daniel Bodkin, PT, DPT, ATC as he teaches you about isokinetics and its application in therapeutic exercise and testing. You will learn how to interpret isokinetic test reports and use findings to determine return-to-play options for a potential patient. After modules 2, 5, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13, & 14 there will be a short quiz to check for understanding.
Athletic Trainers: Computer Sports Medicine Inc (BOC AP#: P10218) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers.
Physical Therapists: This course has been approved by the Michigan Physical Therapy Association for 8 Continuing Education Hours. MPTA Course Approval # CEU072816
This course meets the standards for 8 hours of continuing education by most state physical therapy boards. Please contact your state board for details on their specific requirements. We provide all necessary paperwork for review.
What Will I Learn?
- Discuss the history and basic science of isokinetics and its application in therapeutic exercise and testing.
- Demonstrate safe and effective patient set-up procedures.
- Perform various testing applications for a potential patient.
- Interpret isokinetic test reports.
- Evaluate test findings to determine return-to-play for a potential patient.
- Select among various rehabilitation applications for a potential patient.
- Develop and devise an isokinetic plan of care for a potential patient.