Earn 8 CEU credits when you complete this self-paced class. Follow along with Daniel Bodkin, PT, DPT, ATC as he teaches you about isokinetics and its application in therapeutic exercise and testing. You will learn how to interpret isokinetic test reports and use findings to determine return-to-play options for a potential patient. After modules 2, 5, 7 & 9 there will be a short quiz to check for understanding.
Computer Sports Medicine Inc (BOC AP#: P10218) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers.
This course has been approved by the Michigan Physical Therapy Association for 8 Continuing Education Hours. MPTA Course Approval # CEU089476
What Will You Learn?
- Discuss the history and basic science of isokinetics and its application in therapeutic exercise and testing.
- Demonstrate safe and effective patient set-up procedures.
- Perform various testing applications for a potential patient.
- Interpret isokinetic test reports.
- Evaluate test findings to determine return-to-play for a potential patient.
- Select among various rehabilitation applications for a potential patient.
- Develop and devise an isokinetic plan of care for a potential patient.
Module 1: Intro
Module 2: Foundational Science
Science and Theory46:25
Module 2 Quiz
Module 3: Testing Research & Guidelines
Testing Research and Guidelines27:23
Module 4: Isometric Testing
Module 5: Isometric Test Report
Isometric Test Report13:01
Module 5 Quiz
Module 6: Standard Isokinetic Test
Standard Isokinetic Test06:00
Module 7: Standard Isokinetic Test Report
Standard Isokinetic Test Report17:31
Module 7 Quiz
Module 8: Functional Isokinetic Test
Functional Isokinetic Test11:15
Module 9: Functional Isokinetic Test Report
Functional Isokinetic Test Report14:45
Module 9 Quiz
Module 10: Isotonic RTD
Isotonic RTD Test and Report14:47
Module 11: Progress Report
Module 13: Isometric Exercise
Module 14: Isokinetic Exercise
Module 15: Isotonic Exercise
Module 16: Blood Flow Restriction
Module 17: Plan of Care
Plan of Care59:17